As we put 2020 behind us, we took a step back to review some of the better moments of the year - and to look forward to 2021!
It's been 3 years since SAOLA began, and we've come a long way!
2020 IN REVIEW
- Like everyone else, we have been heavily impacted by COVID. Fortunately, the whole team was able to be responsive and pivot at a moment's notice. In addition to providing maximum support to our retailers, our website sales have taken off (really taken off!). On behalf of the whole team, we cannot tell you enough for your support during these tricky times.
- Since inception, Guillaume has surrounded himself with a hard working team (hats off to Mathieu, Maro, Jesse, Xavier and all those involved in the brand). But, in 2020, two of the first full-time employees joined SAOLA: Apolline and Maxime to help on all things sales and marketing as the brand grows!
- We are thrilled to note that we donated over $7,000 to the Mwalua Wildlfife Trust. Founder Patrick Kilonzo and his team use these funds to supply water sources to Kenyan wildlife, plant trees, and introduce beehives in certain areas to encourage pollination.
- in 2020, we brought to life new materials in our production. These include the materials used in the CANNON BANANA (our most sustainable shoe yet): banana fibers, hevea milk and beeswax. We're committed to continuing the search for new materials like these that will revolutionize the view of “classic” footwear.
- We are working closely with new suppliers in Portugal in order to offer you new models with materials you never knew existed ... Stay tuned for more to come soon!
- Your average rating for the brand was 4.7 out of 5 stars, and for that, we thank you! For us, this is extremely important. We take all of your opinions and feedback into account to improve future collections and our business model.
- This year also marked the start of a new chapter with new offices in Annecy, France. We are now able to deliver product quicker, and accommodate student interns in 2021! We are excited to learn from them and also share our values and business.
As we look forward, our goals are evolving!
TOP 5 2021 OBJECTIVES:
- Garner additional fundraising to take SAOLA to the next level.
- Hire new interns and employees to keep the business flowing.
- Launch new models made in Portugal with unique materials.
- Continue to be recognized as a top eco-friendly shoe supplier.
- Talk to you, our fans, as much as possible to learn from you and validate our process and products.
Thank you for all of your support in 2020, we look forward to the adventure with you in 2021! Happy New Year!